Can you add a flag in a file to indicate not to compare it?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
rob

Can you add a flag in a file to indicate not to compare it?

Post by rob »

I use the Sync and Compare products in my java software development. I keep two sets of directories in sync between two different projects. These projects have identical copies of most files, but some files are different.

It would be valuable to me to be able to indicate to the Synchronize It program when a file in the first directory should NOT be compared with its name-sake in the second directory.

My preference would be to have a marker in the first line of the text file that says to the Sync program "don't compare this file". For example, something like "if the first line contains the string 'foobar', then don't include this file in the comparisons".

Would anyone else use this? What do you think?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Why don't you just list these files in Exclude filter? Even if there are many of them, I guess they have special extension, or not?

Post by Guest »

I guess I could list them in the exclude filter, the drawback being that there's a lot of them. Thanks for the idea, though, maybe I'll give it a try.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

This could be an idea for Syncronize It! - skip files, if they have some marked content. I will think about it, thank you.

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

IMHO this would be a (very) usefull feature.

Thanks Rob for the good idea! :P

Thx
TonHu