SynchronizeIt! - Auto Execute Configs and Projects

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Dave

SynchronizeIt! - Auto Execute Configs and Projects

Post by Dave »

I would love to see the ability to run Configs or Projects from the command line with /Auto. So far my experience has been that if I enter a Config or Project name after Winsin on the command line and include the /Auto switch, I get an error message that specific input and output paths are required. What I want to do is a nightly synchronization of multiple directories. The entire task is described in a Project. I want to use the Windows Scheduled Tasks capability to run winsin off-hours and execute the project. Can this be done?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Which version you are running? In all latest versions you can use project/config name as single parameter. Could you please send your your winsin.ini file for testing?

Thank you!

Dave

My Mistake

Post by Dave »

It absolutely works as it should. What I did not do was put a / before the Project name. or use the /P=Project name. I had just done winsin.exe Project /auto. Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

MLe

Pull model

Post by MLe »

Can your software be used in a pull model?

i.e., I have many clients that need to have a set of updated files in their local folders. I was thinking of using CVS as the repository and allow the clients to pull a module via a scheduler. Can Synchronize it! works from the clients and do unattended pull based on a schedule? TIA for your help.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

If your updated fiales are in LAN, or can be reached in similar way, you can use Synchronize It! to update clients.