Copy CONFIG settings from one workstation to another?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
OneRuler

Copy CONFIG settings from one workstation to another?

Post by OneRuler »

Is there an easy way to copy the settings for a single CONFIG from one machine to another?

Example: I have two developers working on the same project. When they synch their local directory to the server directory, I'd like to make sure they're always using the same settings ("Include subdirectories" checked, "backup mode" unchecked, etc.). Rather than having to manually create these CONFIG settings on each workstation, it would be nice to create the settings once, then export them to a file so that they can be imported by other workstations.

The caveat, however, is that I don't want to copy/replace ALL Config settings from one workstation to another. Each developer might have their own custom Config settings for other projects that I don't want to overwrite. I simply want to import/add this one set of Config settings.

I've looked at the winsin.ini file and think I can piece together the sections/parameters necessary to make this work, but it would be such a manual (and somewhat risky) process that I'm thinking it will be better to just use the GUI.

Any thoughts/input would be most appreciated. Thanks.

- Ed -

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Currently there is no option to export sessions. It will be added in version 3.