View Options - "Hide" folder names in Source/Targe

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
mrbnetsoft

View Options - "Hide" folder names in Source/Targe

Post by mrbnetsoft »

Hello,

I am new user Synchronize It! and have been doing testing with the product. I like it and will be using it.

NOTE: This may be an option already, but I have not found where it is.

One (or two) features I would like to see is the ability to toggle on/off a "Hide folder names" and/or "Hide empty folder names" while previewing differences. This would be nice when you know some of the folder names and/or the data may not have changed much when your source may contain a lot of sub folders, especially when using a date range.

Example: My laptop recently went in for warranty service and I am rebuilding it. I wanted to see a list of files in my main file folder from my desktop (1 folder, many folders and sub folders and many files...) that changed after I sent my laptop in for repairs; (I am copying to a NEW target folder on my server before moving the files). I know not too many files changed, however, trying to find those changed files is difficult; even when sorting by date, etc., there are lots of pages to scroll through and it is very difficult to find the files. It would be nice to see only changed files and to optionally hide the folder names (and/or empty folders) to see a list of the files that will be copied to target. Then when you sort by date, etc, you get a list of file names in the order you selected. This would also be especially useful when you are creating a NEW TARGET from your source, which as I mentioned is what I am doing.

Thanks and have a great day.

Sincerely, Mike

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
Thank you for interest!
Which settions are set in Start Dialog?
Unless you set "Report same files" you should not see any same files. If all your files have updated date, you may want to add "Compare files of same size" and "Skip same files" options to automatially skip same files with different date.

gerrit

"Hide" folder names in Source/Targe

Post by gerrit »

Hi mrbnetsoft,

In the Search results window you have these handy buttons on the right side. With these you can filter the displayed list, so only a part of the list is displayed. Thsi might be of a great help when the list is long.

You can also use the advanced option and fill in the "Date is between" option. You probably know when your laptop was used last. So make it display between that date and today and only files changed in this period are displayed.

gerrit