Matching directories

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
calvini

Matching directories

Post by calvini »

I searched a while but did't find anything appropriate - Is there a possibility to do something like the following:

Having a folder (users directory on windows), I want to compare only some subfolders, but these for every containing folder e.g. compare "/user1/pictures", "/user1/documents", "/user1/music", "/user2/pictures", "/user2/documents", "/user2/music" and so on. Currently I have to build this explicitely for every user, as "/*/pictures" will also match something like "/user1/foo/bar/pictures". Is there an option to do something like this without having a mask for every user? Is the depth-limit usable for this (the whole path can have any possible depth, only the depth of the "*" should be delimited)?

If not, how about some kind of placeholder identifying how much folders it replaces, e.g. "*:1" means one folder, "*:3" means three folders and "*:1,4" means one up to four folders. Then "/*:1/pictures" matches "/foo/pictures" and "/bar/pictures", but not "/foo/bar/pictures".

grigsoft
Site Admin

Re: Matching directories

Post by grigsoft »

Sorry, maybe I'm missing your point. You can just set folder filters to "pictures; documents; music" and app should show you all such folders in all available users. This however will also match user\temp\pictures, which you do not want? So you need some way to limit folder depth when rule is applied, so it will match user\pictures\, but not user\temp\pictures ? That's interesting idea, I can try to implement your syntax, thank you!

calvini

Post by calvini »

That's exactly what I meant. You can filter for a folder-name in any position, but you can't for a folder-name in a special position.

Is there an explanation for the depth-limit-feature - how (and for what) can I use it?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I guess there is no explanation yet - but it just stop listing files deeper then specified.

calvini

Post by calvini »

Okay - so it is a simpler version of the syntax I suggested. With that you could possibly write "/foo/bar/*:9" to have a depth-limit of 11 (for the whole path). Therefore syntax-definition should be:
  • If there is no '*' at the end of a mask, a '*' is added automatically.
  • A simple '*' will match any folderdepth, thus making a mask having no depth limit.
  • A folderdepth-limited '*:i' will match exactly i folders.
  • A folderdepth-limited '*:i,j' will match at minimum i and at maximum j folders.
  • To have a mask with a depth limit you have to append "*:i" and must not have any simple '*' in the mask.
  • Having a mask with a depth limit, pathes with more than the allowed number of folders in it will not be synchronized.
  • To match exactly one path (and no subfolders) you have to append "*:0".
Or do you think this is too complicated?

calvini

Post by calvini »

Maybe I'm the only one having complicated sychronizings ;) - but another great thing would be, if one could set a '-' resp. '+' infront of a foldermask to specify it as excluding resp. including mask. Having this, sometimes I could use one session to store a job instead of 5 or more. Could be handled by a fourth option "mixed" in the filter-dialog.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, this might be good way to combine filters. will try to add this.

Nicole34

Post by Nicole34 »

hi...
Thank you for your post here it helps me a lot...,specially you su8ggestions regarding to the topic...
Thanks again and keep up the good work...
Cheers...
best way to get rid of acne