"add folders"

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Spitfire_ch

"add folders"

Post by Spitfire_ch »

And yet another suggestion, which is not really required, but may be nice:

Sessions are really useful if you often compare the same set of folders. If you wan't to compare many sets of folders (because they folders don't belong to the same parent folder), you will soon have a huge list of sessions that may get a little confusing (it will take some time to scroll through all the sessions and pick the right one). I know, for complex tasks one normally uses projects, which combines many sessions. For simpler tasks, however, it might be easier to expand the possibilities of a session by an "add folder" option, that would work much the same way like the "exclude folder" option, but just do the opposite.

I know, everything can be done already now using projects, but still, there were occasions where I wished there was such an option. At least it would help to keep the session list at a manageable size.

Best regards and keep up the great work!

- spit

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Well, you will need folders pair in fact - otherwise where to copy files from added folder? Or did I miss your point?
But I will keep your suggestion in mind for future - maybe after next redesign of sessions list this will make sense.

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Right, I didn't consider that. Things are always more complicated than they seem ;)

Would it be possible to add pairs of folder (force to user to add a pair, so when you click "add" it would ask for the source folder and then for the target folder)?

Alternatively, it would also help if you could sort the session list (by name, source path, target path or even manually). Maybe one could also organize the sessions in folders.

Best regards

- spit

P.S. It's very well possible that I am the only one fighting a huge list of sessions. It's mainly because I have many projects, each of which consists of many sessions.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Oh no, I can assure you are not the only one. But the solution here is to change approach in Sessions list handling, what I'm planning to do in near future.

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Ok, I am looking forward to your next release. I am always curious about the exiting new stuff you implement :)

Btw, are you working on this alone?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I do outsource some independent sub-tasks sometimes, but mostly yes, I support this alone.

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Kudos to you, that's very impressive!

brahman

Post by brahman »

The way I make the session list more orderly:

You can move the sequence of sessions up and down.

I delegate all session that are used in projects to the bottom and all sessions that are used by itself to the top of the list.

This way I can handle much more sessions without the list becoming too cumbersome.

Regards,

Brahman

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Ah, I see, I didn't know you can move sessions up and down manually. That's quite useful already. Thanks for that hint!