The Status Bar does not show the porgrams action

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
syntoh

The Status Bar does not show the porgrams action

Post by syntoh »

My configuration:
Laptop with Wlan 11n, actually connected with 270Mbps brutto
Wireless router with two NAS sets attached to it, connected as S: and V:

I start Synchronize It!
In the "select Folders" window I enter:
S:\Projects (contains 1067 folders and 26839 files)
V:\Projects ( contains nearly the same)

Press the "Preview" button

Now I see in the lower left hand corner the staus "Ready".
in the lower right hand corner all the symbols and above them the button "Cancel"

Nothing happens. I don't know wether the program is doing something or not, also the mouse cursor dos not change to the busy state.

When I open the Network Status window I can see a upcount of the transfered packets, so I assume there is something going on.

Would it be possible to give a message other than "Ready"?
e.g. a blinking "in Progress" or better, write down what the program ist doing exactly.

Now while I write this posting and drink a coffee in between the program Synchronize It! ist still doing something without feedback to the user for about 10 minutes.

syntoh

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I guess you are right. Normally near the Cancel button there should be changing names of folders, showing the progress, but in case of many files in root folder you may not see it. I will change this.

syntoh

Post by syntoh »

grigsoft wrote:Normally near the Cancel button there should be changing names of folders, showing the progress.
I repeated the same process with a smaller folder as source. After about 15 sec. there is exactly to see what you wrote down, names of folders are to see there. But in the case of a very large structure with subfolders and files is nothing to see for a long time. In the example of my first posting was it "quite" for more then 20 min. But I am shure the program is always working during this period.
grigsoft wrote: but in case of many files in root folder you may not see it. I will change this.
The folder "Projects" ( noted in first posting) contains six sub folders, no files. The 26839 files are all in the six subfolders stored.

syntoh