Extend "Find File" functionality to folders

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
brahman

Extend "Find File" functionality to folders

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

it would be very useful, if you could extend the "Find File" functionality to folders also, since there does not seem to be a way to search for folders in the SI! preview window.

The grand way of doing it would be à la Thunderbird: Have a Find Box and when you type the letters the display changes and only the folder/files that contain the letters appear, eth else is hidden (and some graphical way for the user to see that one is in search mode).

Also it would be much more user friendly to have the search box permanently open on the bottom button bar where the "Synchronize" button is located, but to the very right with a "search" button adjacent to it, which should also function as a "search next" button when clicked repeatedly.

Kind regards,

Brahman

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Well, I like search in Firefox, and they don't have panel always open. I already had requests to make it always visible, may be I will include it in main panel with Synchronize button. And you are right, it should catch folders too.

brahman

Post by brahman »

I think the find function in CompareIt is very well implemented. I also like the history dropdown and the find button next to it. I think you could model it after that, maybe even reuse some code.

Regards,

Brahman