synchronize PC and Mac?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Spitfire_ch

synchronize PC and Mac?

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Well, it has finally happened: I got a new job and there everybody is horribly afraid of PCs, believing they would immediately destroy their network and all the equipment. Therefore I now have a new I-Mac sitting on my desk at work, and a trusty PC at home.

Is there any possible way to use synchronize it! to synchronize my documents between the two systems? If I got it right, there is no Mac version of Synchronize it! Have you ever planned to also create mac versions? Or can you recommend a mac tool, which could create packages that could be compared using synchronize it?

Darn' I miss the old days when I could use the perfectly convenient package feature together with projects. One click and a USB-stick at work, one click with the same stick at home and "voilà" - that was sooo efficient ...

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I had some plans on making Mac version, I have even purchased a mac :) Maybe I will try to do it again. Ask your new colleagues, maybe they could help. I will appreciate if you will share your findings here - I will check whether it worth spending time on mac version.

Speaking of Mac software - check Synchronize! from qdea.com, I'm not sure about it's functionality though.

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Thanks for the hint! Synchronize! looks kind of similar, but does not seem to offer the functionality Synchronize it! does - especially I couldn't find anything on packages - which was a genius idea of yours!

So, I'm still looking forward to a potential Mac version of yours ;)

I just hope, you buying a Mac doesn't mean you will drop the PC version of Sync it!