Synchronize e-mail and bookmarks

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Spitfire_ch

Synchronize e-mail and bookmarks

Post by Spitfire_ch »

Hi,

this may be far too complicated or not possible at all, but it would be a very nice thing to have, especially when using "Synchronize it!" synchronize your laptop with your desktop computer:

- synchronize bookmarks (including Firefox)
- synchronize e-mail folders (e.g. Thunderbird)

The major difficulty may be, that all bookmarks are stored in one single file, and likewise entire e-mail folders are represented by single files (e.g. inbox.msf). To successfully synchronize, one would need to go into these files, locate the objects in these files and then compare them. Maybe "Compare it!" could be adjusted to this task, in combination with "Synchronize it!".

Just an idea ;)

best regards
- spitfire

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, single file is not actually a problem if format is open - archives are single files too. So SynchronizeIt can handle it, probably even with plain external add-on. I have a lot of ideas for similar future enhancements, it will just take some time...

Spitfire_ch

Post by Spitfire_ch »

That's good to hear. You've already had many good ideas in the past, which made synchronize it! such an outstanding product! I've never seen features like the packages (which I use daily) in any other comparison software. Keep it up! :)

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you :)