How can I save Project and Config? How to run command line?

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Nina

How can I save Project and Config? How to run command line?

Post by Nina »

1/
There is no problem to crate project and config. All of them disappear after restart the programme.

Is there any buttom to save them for next time use?

2/ How to run command line?

3/ The target path like C:\Documents and Settings. Is there any problem to have space in the source/target path of command line?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

1. What about Source/target folders in Main Dialog? This problem could arise if winsin.ini file is read-only
2. Make shortcut and type there winsin.exe Configname
3. No, you can use quotes for this purpose: "c:\ Long path"

Petr Hobt

Incorrect behaviour when directory name contains spaces

Post by Petr Hobt »

Hi,

You wrote
grigsoft wrote:3. No, you can use quotes for this purpose: "c:\ Long path"
I'm not sure, if you are right. I have tried to use your winsin inside the Total Commander (TC) to replace the native SyncDir feature of the TC, but I have troubles just with long directory names with spaces inside. Here is the example

I create the new icon in TC button bar where the configuration is

Command: "c:\Program Files\Synchronize It!\winsin.exe"
Comannd line: "%P" "%T"

I have used intentionaly the quotes to avoid the troubles with spaces in the directory names. Unfortunately the behaviour of the WinSin isn't correct also in this case.

To be sure (to prevent the "hidden" execution in TC) I have prepared the .BAT file with the following command

"c:\Program Files\Synchronize It!\winsin.exe" "c:\Documents and Settings\Petr\Dokumenty\Projects\PciPots\Cfg" "c:\Documents and Settings\Petr\Proj\Cpp\Cpx\Cpx_Antek\cpx-dev\cti\cards\pots"

The result of such command line is that WinSin is started but it the listboxes contain

Source: c:\Documents and Settings\Petr\Dokumenty\Projects\PciPots\Cfg" c:\Documents

Destination: and

The behaviour is really strange. Please, is there any way how to solve these troubles.

Petr

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

There is a trick to work with Total Commander with long paths, you should use this sequence:
"%P\" "%T\"