synchronize "really" silently

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
HJW

synchronize "really" silently

Post by HJW »

I really like the "Synchronize: Silent" option added in the version 2.8.2. What I usually do is this: Selecting a project, pressing the "Scan" button, and, after scanning is done, I then choose "Synchronize: Silent" to make two directories/disks identical. The "Synchronize: Silent" does the synchronization without bothering me with confirmation messages.

Now, I am wondering whether the spirit of silence can be pushed further. I am thingking of the following work mode: I select a project, and then press a button like "Scan and Synchronize Silently", and that's it. The point is that I don't have to click on "Synchronize" or "Synchronize: Silent" after the scan complete. The synchronization is automatic after scanning is done. (Ok, maybe it is worth to put a confirmation message after pressing "Scan and Synchronize Silently" to warn users the consequence, but that's a minor issue.)

The reason: I use SynchronizeIt to duplicate my office's desktop drive to a mobil disk before I leave office, and then I duplicate the mobil disk to my home's desktop when I get back home. This way I have identical disk content at my office and at home. The problem is, scanning the disk takes time, and I hate to wait beside my computer for the scanning to complete in order to click the "Synchronize: Silent" button. If there is something like "Scan and Synchronize Silently", I can click on it, work away to make a cup of tea, and come back knowing that the disks are synchronized and ready to work.

Is something like "Scan and Synchronize Silently" currently available? Or will it be added in the future?

Many thanks.

HJW

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

Just create a short-cut (on the desktop?) that get the required commandline parameters. For details, see the helpfile. SI can do this for years already.

HTH
TonHu

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, you can try to do a shortcut for this purpose. However adding similar 'subbutton' with 'Scan and Synchronize' function may be useful. I will probably add it.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, you can try to do a shortcut for this purpose. However adding similar 'subbutton' with 'Scan and Synchronize' function may be useful. I will probably add it. Thank you for suggestion!

pdrt

Post by pdrt »

I wanted to create a new post for the same subject .... (but as a "good" newbie , I took time to make some research before to "open my mouth" .... and I've found this thread)

So maybe I've not seen it .. but is there a way to do a "silent synchronisation" from a project in 3.0 alpha version ?

If not , could you be more detailed about this comment
"Just create a short-cut (on the desktop?) that get the required commandline parameters"
... because I don't know how to configure this kind of short-cut ? :oops:

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Just as old version, Synchronize It! will support /auto command line switch. However in latest build it is not implemented yet.