*.txt files will have to be synchronized twice

Post your bug reports here
djohan

*.txt files will have to be synchronized twice

Post by djohan »

Hello, today I tried SynchronizeIt!, but *.txt files will have to be synchronized twice (once from source -> target, and then I did a scan again, it asked me to sync from target -> source). Have I done anything wrong? :?

TonHu

Post by TonHu »

Is that server(target) based on linux/unix with Samba? I have the same problem because the files are written by Samba with the time during the write instead of my original file-time, so after uploading I always have to "get them back" from the server to be equal to that server. (This also implies re-compiling all "changed" sources :-( )

HTH
TonHu

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

For such cases you can use 'Compare files of same size' option. It will be a bit longer, but same files will be skiped.

Djohan

Post by Djohan »

No, actually my target is a portable AV player (formatted in FAT32, connected through USB2.0). I am running Windows 2000. There should be some settings that can be tuned... :roll:

wb

Post by wb »

Djohan wrote:No, actually my target is a portable AV player (formatted in FAT32, connected through USB2.0). I am running Windows 2000. There should be some settings that can be tuned... :roll:
The difference results from the 2 second timestamp resolution in FAT32 versus finer resolution in NTFS. Check the "ignore 2 sec [time] difference" option on the main Settings under Options.