Synchronizing junctions

Post your bug reports here
brahman

Synchronizing junctions

Post by brahman »

Hi Igor,

following bug in 3.4.1639:

When source has junction f.e. named "lib", and target has folder named "lib" SI will try to overwrite the folder with junction (if junction as files is checked).

I think it would be best to mark these cases as a conflict and let the user decide.

BTW you said you changed sthg regdg. junctions in the 1639 release but you did not elaborate in your blog. What were those changes?

And thank you for adding direction signs to the print output (undocumented feature added).

May I suggest a little change in words in the file menu: I would alter "Report" to "Difference Report" and "Print" to "Print Synch Window" or "Print Changes" to make the user aware that the HTML Report of existing differences and the Print Output of synchs already performed are two different things. Before I examined it in detail I thought that "Print" would print the report, so I assume many other users will think the same.

Regards,

B.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you, Brahman! In fact same problem arise if you have plain file named "lib". I will think about how to handle this situation.
What was changed in junctions handling in 1639? It's easy - I have found that in previous version handling junction as file was disabled completely :oops:

As for Print and Report commands - they are actually doing the same - output files list in some format.

brahman

Post by brahman »

>As for Print and Report commands - they are actually doing the same - output files list in some format.

I found they do the same only before synching. AFTER synching they give different information: the HTML Report gives only existing differences while the Print outputs also gives synch actions that were just performed.

So actually it would be nice (and consistent) if the report after synching would include synch actions that were just performed.

Then the behavior is as a new user would initially expect and the topic woud be solved.

Regards,

B.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I agree - I will add an (optional?) ability to include copied files in report too.