"Synchronise timestamps"

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
Wilhelm

"Synchronise timestamps"

Post by Wilhelm »

Hello!

Till now I was mainly using FileSync for synchronisation, but your Sync It! starts to change my mind. In particular there are 2 superior features that make Sync It far more convenient: the option to combine profiles to "projects" (please don't change that!) and the superior NTFS to FAT comparison.

However, there was one interesting feature in FileSync that I strongly miss in Sync It, i.e. the option to synchronise timestamps. Sometimes I wish that 2 files, that I know to be equal, should also have exactly the same timestamps, regardless of the file system.

Suggestion: in the comparison window there could be a switch to display the files that are ignored because their timestamps differ only by 1 hour (plus/minus 2 secs) and in that window there could be a button for timestamp synchonisation. This may seem more complicated but would give the possibility to make the files really equal. In my opinion this option would add a very powerful feature to the program.

Only a little wish for christmas...

Wilhelm

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hello,
Thank you for suggestion! I think I will make it in version 3 as additional command in CopyTo feature (it already has additional commands such as Recreate Folders Tree and few others). V3 already have a button to display same files, so this two would work together nicely.