Put Tools item on the Options dialog

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
jdan

Put Tools item on the Options dialog

Post by jdan »

I would like to see the Tools>Customize dialog also show up on the Options>Options dialog, just like the Converters show up on the Options dialog. In this way, all the options are available from the same dialog.

However, it is quite convenient that the Customize menu item is also on the Tools menu, since this is where you might want to find it when you want to customize the tools.

So have the Tools>Customize menu item launch the Options dialog, so that it displays on the Tools page of the Options dialog. In this was, I can modify the tools from either place, depending on what I happen to be doing at the moment.

This will also allow me to Export the Tools items as well, since the Options dialog allows me to export all the items on the Options dialog.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Yes, I'm already planning to move Tools setup to Options dialog.
However, export/import commands works with all date, not just that in Options dialog - so Tools should be saved too.

jdan

Post by jdan »

Great plan.

Its nice in some cases to have quick access to some particular type of configuration settings, but it is really great knowing that if I want to configure everything about a program, that I can go to one place rather than having to wander around multiple menu items for individual specific configuration dialogs.