Add ability to apply converters after files loaded

Post your new features ideas and suggestions here.
jdan

Add ability to apply converters after files loaded

Post by jdan »

I have added the converters that are on your web site, but I left the file patterns mostly empty.

I do not always want to have the files matching that pattern converted before loading. But once I have the files loaded, I may want to "switch" the files to a different "view" of the files that the converters would display. I would like to be able to bring up the list of converters, and then "apply" those converters to the current open files, so I can view a comparison based on the output of the converter.

For example, usually I want to view INI files in their native format, but sometimes I may want to use the INIsort.exe converter, to view the file comparisons on the output of the INIsort.exe converter.

So I would like to load the INI files with no converter applied, then apply the converter later to view the files as the converter displays them.

I may also want to view TXT files in their native format first, and then later switch to a comparison of the output from the uniqline.exe converter tool.

So I would like a menu item where I could pop up a list of the converters, and then pick one to "apply" to the current files. And then pop up the list, and switch back to the original file contents.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

In fact you already have such system - to disable automatic conversion, clear checkbox from converter in list. You can apply it later from View>ViewAs menu.

jdan

Post by jdan »

Perfect.

I spent some time looking through the help file, and the menus, but I did not notice this.

Thanks for thinking ahead.