SourceSafe and the "SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND!" Msg Bo

Post your bug reports here.
jessew

SourceSafe and the "SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND!" Msg Bo

Post by jessew »

Hi there,

I'm using version 4.0.1.2144 of Compare It!, Visual SourceSafe 2005, and this as the configuration for the only item in the "custom editors" option in SourceSafe:

Operation: File Difference
File Extension: .*
Command Line: C:\Program Files\Compare It!\wincmp3.exe %1 %2

Here's the issue. After doing a "Show differences" on a directory in SourceSafe, SourceSafe comes back with a "project difference" window. Within this window, I right click on a file (a *.cs file) and select the "Show differences" command. Compare It! appears, but with an error box entitled "SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND!". Neither file is loaded.

In this "SOURCE FILE NOT FOUND!" message box, the source file has the correct path and name for the file in source safe, beginning with "$/". The target file has the path to my temporary directory along with the correct file name.

If I do not perform a directory "show differences" in sourcesafe, I can successfully see differences within sourcesafe using Compare It! (Compare It! is launched and differences are shown).

This seems to *only* be a problem when I select the "show differences" on the file from the right side within the "project difference" window in sourcesafe. If I select the "show differences" on the file from the left side, Compare It! works fine and shows the differences.

Your thoughts?

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

I guess I should add specific support for SS, since it obviously did not extract file before comparison