Weird hard to reproduce editor bugs

Post your bug reports here.
EeOe

Weird hard to reproduce editor bugs

Post by EeOe »

Selecting and deleting text sometimes causes wierd bugs in the editor. These bugs are quite random and hard to reproduce, but with these instructions you should be able to reproduce one of them.

1. Compare file1 to to file2

File1:

Code: Select all

abcdefghijklmn
1234567 opqrstuvwxyzopqrstuvwxyz

dsfhdsfhuysdhfusdh
File2:

Code: Select all

abcdefghijklmn
opqrstuvwxyzopqrstuvwxyz

dhfhudsf

fdgfdgfdgdg
2. Then in file2 select (paint) line 4 ("dhfhudsf" line) and line 3 with your mouse.
Now here's the important part. When selecting the text pull the cursor from the end of line 4 and pull the cursor on top of the Selection Margin on front of line 3. (If you pull the pull the cursor exactly on the beginning of line 3 the bug wont occur)

3. Deleting the section should result drawing bugs on the editor window. But on similar cases it deletes more text than it should have (usually just one or two characters) or a random character may appear on the place of the selection.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Thank you! You are right, there is problem with deletion. If you will face other problems, please report them too - maybe I can understand and find the problem myself.

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

This issue has been fixed in v4.0.1.2130. Thank you. :D
grigsoft wrote:If you will face other problems, please report them too - maybe I can understand and find the problem myself.
Will do, though I haven't seen any of these problems lately. Hopefully all of them had the same main cause and are now fixed along with this one. :)

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

Hello

There still is some rare cases where the editor acts funny. Unfortunately I can't reproduce the problems, but I did notice that sometimes when I click at the end of the line the caret jumps to beginning of the line.

The trick is to click at exactly the right postion, but this way you can reproduce this problem every time.
First click at the end of the line, then move the mouse cursor exactly on top of the blinking caret and click. Caret should jump at the beginning of the line.

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Do you have "Virtual spaces" option on?

EeOe

Post by EeOe »

grigsoft wrote:Do you have "Virtual spaces" option on?
Yes, but I don't click at "virtual space area". I click at the position where the real line ends. I tried with virtual spaces off and this problem still occurs.