min chars to match not working ?

Post your bug reports here.
chrizoo

min chars to match not working ?

Post by chrizoo »

Hi. I've read the help doc attentively, but the line comparison is somehow not working as I understood it should.

Generally I want line comparison enabled, but obviously only for lines that are somewhat similar. Therefore the user can set a threshold in the options which defines which lines are "similar enough" to use line comparison on them. So far, so good. But somehow this does not really work. I always end up with very different lines that clearly have nothing to do with each other and which are compared nevertheless.

For demonstrations purposes, I have taken the exact same strings as in the helpfile.

According to the helpfile Min chars to match defines the "minimal number of matching characters in sequence to use during the comparison". I have set that to 7 and there clearly are not 7 consecutive matching chars!

I also set "Min % of line to match" to 98%, just to make sure .... but I still have the same result as above...

What's going wrong ?
Thanks!

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

"Use adaptive comparison" is on? This mode does not use this options, I should fix this - at least match % can be supported.

chrizoo

Post by chrizoo »

Sorry for the late reply (long story ...).

Sorry, but I have the impression that in version 4.0+ the issue is still present. Correct ?

And besides, I would think that adaptive comparison would lend itself to "min chars to match", too. Why not ?