Space difference not showing up - CompareIt - 3.9.9.1921

Post your bug reports here.
comptale

Space difference not showing up - CompareIt - 3.9.9.1921

Post by comptale »

Hi,

I am using CompareIt - Version 3.9.9.1921 [ title bar shows it as Compare It 4.0a ]. This is version you created for us, which would not only highlight space difference in the editor, but also carry it forward in html report, see 'Reporting Space character in html report' in the forum.

Well upon further testing we found that in some cases space difference is not highlighted at all, check sample data below, watch 'hasthefollowingstructuralformula' string in Compare It! with View Whitespace turned on. Let us know resolution for this, thanks.

Source:
<paragraph>ABC<sup>®</sup> Cream, a topicalretinoid,containsabc 0.025% by weight in a hydrophilic cream vehicle of stearic acid, polyolprepolymer-2, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, and purified water. Chemically, abc is all transretinoic acid (C<sub>20</sub>H<sub>28</sub>0<sub>2</sub>; molecular weight 300.44 vitamin A acid) and hasthefollowingstructuralformula:</paragraph>

Target:
<paragraph>ABC<sup>®</sup> Cream, a topical retinoid, contains abc 0.025% by weight in a hydrophilic cream vehicle of stearic acid, polyolprepolymer-2, isopropyl myristate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, propylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, xanthan gum, sorbic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, and purified water. Chemically, abc is all-transretinoic acid (C<sub>20</sub>H<sub>28</sub>0<sub>2</sub>; molecular weight 300.44 vitamin A acid) and has the following structural formula:</paragraph>

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Can you send me generated report? In my version it works as expected with all spaces highlighted.

comptale

Post by comptale »

Send generated HTML report by email. The error can be observed in sentence below of the original paragraph.

Source:
and hasthefollowingstructuralformula:</paragraph>

Target:
and has the following structural formula:</paragraph>

grigsoft
Site Admin

Post by grigsoft »

Hmm, are you sure you are generating reports with mentioned 3.9.9.1921 version? All my tests with this version generates correct html report. But version 3.86 does generate report with mentoned problem.
You can get latest beta at http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp4b.zip

Unfortunately, I didn't received your sample report - it was stripped out by some Exchange server on the way. Can you pack it with zip or any other archiver?

Thank you in advance,

Igor.

comptale

Post by comptale »

I have send across Zip file containing source, target document, Generated HTML report. Also if the file does not come through your exchange server. I have pasted the content in email, just save the html file content as .html to see the error.

Again error happens for line 'hasthefollowingstructuralformula'.

By the way I tried with the latest version 3.9.9.1923 and still got the same error.

Thanks and let us know the resolution to this problem.